Thursday 5 February 2009

Snow week!


London underwent an amazing transformation on Sunday night and the early hours of Monday morning, as snow fell steadily for almost 16 hours, and continued gently throughout most of Monday. Alexandra Park, very close to my home, was thickly carpeted, and by 11am was full of delighted children who had the day off school. All the boots, gloves, scarves and hats had come out from the depths of cupboards, as had the toboggans and even skis! Anyone walking across the park like myself had to keep a good eye out for those coming down the hillside at high speed, and with absolutely no brakes - they did all seem to have very good lungs though.

My painting lesson was again in the conservatory, with a splendid view of the snow-carpeted garden and steadily falling flakes. Worked on two larger canvases this week, both of which received additions to the surface - one had curved shapes cut from thin polystyrene, the other sheets of rice paper, later partly torn away and a few pieces of cloth, as some of our painting rags had such lovely colours that it was fun to incorporate them. I went back on Tuesday to continue them, and even remembered to take some photos this time - now to see if I can get them up on blogger!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I like so much this painting!
    I'm from argentina and I paint too.
    You'd been invited to see my blog.

    www.corazonselvatico.blogspot.com
    I'd like an opinion about it.

    thanks.
    h&k

    Syl.

    ReplyDelete