Wednesday 11 February 2009

Ticking over


A much quieter week this time, but I still had a painting class on Tuesday, using the luscious new paints I had bought on Saturday - blessings on Cass Arts for making such great materials available at affordable prices! Started by painting a 3-D invention of my own devising (photo to follow) and then went on to fiddle with some of the other pieces which were standing around. The availability of more subtle tones enabled me to get the two larger works from last week to a state where I was happy to bring them home, and I also started another canvas with gorgeous sunset-and-green tones - but that will need to be completed next week. Still have no idea where I'm headed with all this, but I'm certainly enjoying myself!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Stephen. Love the way your paints are working for you.
    I smiled at London's snow. We have it up to the mailbox, & higher than the car after yesterday's snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice. I like it. You've definitely got the touch... I always wanted to paint abstract, and it's not as easy as it looks - where do you start (for a start, lol). So it looks like this teacher is The One!

    ReplyDelete